Ever heard of the Tara tree? If you haven’t, here is everything you need to know about it.
Tara is slowly gaining popularity across the world for its many benefits. Tara gum that is obtained from the tree is used as a dye for industrial purposes and as a thickener in skincare and cosmetic products including shampoos, creams and bath gels. Tara pods are a great source of environmentally friendly tannins which are actively used in manufacturing of leather and automotive. Peru is the world’s largest producer of Tara, having harvested over 25,500 tons in the year 2006 alone.
Tara Powder, which is obtained by grinding and purifying the nutrient-rich part of the seed into powder, is also becoming widely recognized for its plant-based protein content. Aside from that, Tara Powder is also rich in fibre and essential amino acids which are necessary for optimal functioning of our body.
Here is why you should incorporate Tara Powder in your diet:
- Excellent source of plant-based protein: A single serving (20 grams) of Tara Protein Powder contains 9 grams of plant-based protein. Including plant-based protein in your diet helps lower the risk of cardiovascular diseases and some types of cancers, and aids in weight management.
- Aids in digestion: Tara Powder is a rich source of fibre, containing 4 grams for every serving of 20 grams. Fibre helps regulate bowel movements and greatly improves overall gastrointestinal health.
- Rich in amino acids: Tara Protein Powder is rich in amino acids. It contains 16 amino acids, including the nine essential ones, which our body is not capable of producing. Some of the health benefits of consuming essential amino acids are elevated mood, improved exercise and athletic performance and swifter recovery. Their other functions include protein synthesis, tissue repair and better nutrient absorption.
- Supports muscle growth: With its rich protein content, Tara Protein Powder is an excellent addition to your diet if you are looking to build or maintain muscle.
- High in antioxidants: Tara Protein Powder is rich in naturally occurring antioxidants called tannins. This helps promote a healthy immune system, boosts metabolism and aids in maintaining a healthy weight. Tara Protein Powder also has great antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties. A diet high in antioxidants also reduces risk of heart diseases and certain types of cancer and is known to improve skin health.
Ways to use Tara Protein Powder
Tara Powder has a nutty flavour and smooth texture. It is soluble in hot and cold water making it a versatile addition to many of our cooking and baking recipes. It is also used as a vegan meat substitute since it is known to “brown” well when heated. Below are some ways you can incorporate Tara Protein Powder in your everyday meals.
- Smoothies: Add a spoonful to your smoothies; it’s super healthy and tasty
- Baking recipes: Add some to any of your baking recipes including muffins, breads, cupcakes, cakes and more
- Protein drinks: Add to your protein drink before or after your workout to get the best results
- Other recipes: You can always experiment and try using the Tara Powder in different recipes that you make. You’ll be surprised at what you come up with
With all these impressive benefits and uses of Tara, it is hardly surprising that it is being revered as a superfood. Whether you are looking to increase your protein intake to support your training regimen or you are a vegetarian/vegan struggling to meet your daily protein quota, Tara Protein Powder is perfect for you!